Yes, I Did

Just because I didn't ask,
Doesn't mean I didn't care.

There were a many million other ways to show I knew you were there.

I could coax you with a million grasps,
Strangle you with my ten fingers, grace,
If I shot you down, you would've known,
Half a second I knew your presence.

Half a second, I still cared.

Maybe when the moon lights up, that'll be the cue,
Shut up, it's my turn to hurt you,
Will you listen to my silent stare,
please,
when you told the world of your existence,
Not mine; not ever.

A heart-shaped scar I leave upon your chest,
Half a second I still cared.

Just because I didn't kiss you,
Doesn't mean I didn't care.

I could kill the million sun rays,
That shine to make you beautiful,
I'd shove the broken shard of mirror in your face,
And throw away the reflection.

Stop saying I didn't care,
I cared enough to murder your taste.

I cared, half a second,
A drop of blood, I cared.

A stab across the chest doesn't mean I didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment