fearless

i stand one foot in front of the other
on a straight line
- dashed
with my arms spread out like an
imaginary flight
in the middle of an empty road
before the green light.

and the waiting silence whispers secrets that
seep beneath the lengths of my hair
tickling my nose,

i pause for a moment in my life and record
a song of illusions in my head
where the rumble beneath my feet coalesce with
the wind forcing me backwards
like a hand twirling me for an
involuntary dance;
and it's moments like these where
i dare to resist.

i leap forward, messing up the scenery
that stood expectant,
and suddenly it is noisy and the gravel beneath me is
accentuated by
dotted lights,
i neglect the dull thump of my sole
hitting reality, for i much prefer the
colossal chorus of
the angry engines now spelling out
my danger as they
swiftly graze my fingertips,

i now wait for the red light
but then again, what if
i might not be there by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment