Oh, tie-die, you're dead.

M'am, would you like to play tie-die?
It's a fairly simple game,
Oh, sorry have you never heard of it,
M'am just follow it by its name.

It's quite a well known thing to do,
You see it day by day,
It's the cause of congregation, even for adults,
See, this is how you play.

All you have to do,
Is point your finger at any person,
I've pointed at John, Sally, Paula and Sue,
And just gave a good enough reason,

John, he sat on his mama's cat,
Sally, she stole my candy,
Paula, well, she was the only one there for me to point at,
And Sue, I never liked her anyway.

We have a little treehouse,
With a big enough balcony,
We made a hole on the balcony floor,
And above it we hung a string,
So I'll read out all my friends' wrong-doings,
and place the string around their neck,
M'am, I'm sure you know what happens next,
"Tie-die!" I'll shout, "You're dead!"

Mama said I was a sinner,
But m'am I don't know what's true,
I see it everyday, daddy took me to watch,
It seemed the most normal thing to do,
We cheered like they do,
We roared like they do,
We screamed "let him hang!",
Just the way we thought we should,
M'am can you please explain what wrong we're doing,
Because we really don't have a clue.

It is just a game, isn't it?

M'am why do you look at me that way,
Why are you pointing at me so shocked?
Oh, have you suddenly decided to play,
Well then, come over to watch me drop.

SAM! I've finally been pointed at,
I guess it's my turn to fall,
M'am just state what I've been doing wrong,
M'am no need to look appalled.

What happened to John, Sally, Paula and Sue?
Oh don't worry, they're quite alright,
They're sleeping together beside the stones,
Just over the hill, they lie.

I've always quite missed John a bit,
So it's fun that I'll be with him soon,
Unlike poor Sue, for reasons unsure,
They decided to burn her, too.

Look at me, m'am,
Is the string placed properly?
I want the dramatic exit,
I've seen it replayed many times again,
The more powerful the fall, the more cheering.

So let me get that one applause,
Of finally being part of something right,
M'am why are you weeping,
Listen, Sam's starting the cries,

M'am it's a fairly simple game,
I see it everyday,
Hurry up, m'am, dry up those tears,
Oh, tie-die, I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment