Santa, Santa

Santa, Santa, are you there?
I haven't written much to you,
I stopped when I was seven, you see,
When I stopped believing dreams came true.

With little luck, I placed myself,
In the arms of the wrong father,
You told us parents loved us so,
But I had love from neither.

Santa, Santa, I prayed every night,
I never missed a day,
When I would cry to God, as my daddy,
Threw his life away.

I've lived a life of a stranger's, Santa,
Was I good or was I bad?
Is this letter too long overdue,
From wasting the tears I had?

Santa, Santa, please don't turn a blind eye,
Could you hold on to this as memory?
Of a girl who tried too hard; too late,
To gain forgiveness from everything.

Pin this up beside your bed,
Where you and Mrs. Claus lie,
And just like the way mom and dad never did,
Could you please remember me every night?

Santa, Santa, are you there?
I've tried to be good this year,
Could you give me a tiny, sacred present,
A kiss on the forehead would do.

I'm asking for love, and a good night's sleep,
Things I don't think I've come to face,
Dress me up in cuddles, please,
Santa, could you tuck me into bed?

Santa, Santa, here it is,
A letter sent fifteen years later,
But oh, I hope it's not too late,
These same wishes I've had all Decembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment