The Last Conversation

Part two.
----------------------------

"I have faith in you brother."

"I have faith in you, too."

"Shed no fear, brother,
I'll be back soon."

"I trust you will, brother,
But stand brave,
The duty's on me,
You musn't stay."

"I love you, brother."

"I love you, too.
And when you see mama,
Please tell her I do."

"I won't let you go, brother,
I'll lay here with you."

"Don't be a fool,
Home is waiting for you."

From the silence of the scene,
Came a yell from afar,

"They're coming for me, brother,
Help me let go."

"I won't leave you, brother,
I won't let you die alone."

"I'm hurting too much,
And mama's waiting for you,
Just help me let go brother,
It's the least you can do."

"I love you, brother."

"I love you, too."

The soldier shut his brother's eyes,
Held up in his hands, one loaded gun,
He kissed the forehead,
of the shivering, bleeding soul,
"Close your eyes, brother,
I'm letting you go."

The sigh of relief that followed,
haunted the night,
The shot that ran out,
Echoes in his mind.

Cutting the silence,
The lone brother, he cried,
He got up to his knees,
And screamed to the skies.

And from afar, came the one reply,
The reply from the killers
of his brother tonight.

He plunged into the soil,
Oblivious to the faces around,

"Mama will miss you, mama will love you,
They're coming to kill me, brother, I must leave you."

As the enemy dawned him,
he painfully whispered,
With tears in his eyes,
"Sweet dreams, brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment