best friends

and she misses me for just one second
but she steals him every 59
she smiles at me as he forgets my name.

and she misses me, she says.

a minute ago, he told me of his weekend
he bought a new shirt
and she came along
with a swift smile, she extends her hand
a minute and he's gone.

ignorant as hell, they do it again
and i walk away unoticed
-unnoticed, as always- in the end
and her pretty eyes fib, not so pretty anymore
she's fucking beautiful
and he just repents for abandonning her
oh what fucking mockery?

and then he's sorry again
it's just one big joke.

another week of my life, he misses out
and he asks me if I can forgive him
shrug.smile.surrender
my routine of style
three years, she's known me
three years, she steals
my friendship, my trust, she sells to nothing.

and she cares, she says
and he's sorry, he mutters
he's still my best friend, he states
a million times.
she's still my best friend, she states
nonchalantly, they repeat meaningless chords.

and they forget me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment