Because brave people don't

I take the world and balance it on my
fingertip,
spinning it around like I usually would with
spherical things;
I try to make myself dizzy.
But I am
a non-existent
on maps therefore
no one can find me
and I find no one.

And sometimes
they 
forget that I, too,
can feel and it
hurts when I hit the ground.

bam.

I look for time portals,
only to stand in front of
that same old clock;
I realize the only wish that
ever comes true is
when you wish
life away

every second a blink.
& standing still I can
sense life getting bored
of my routines - 
nothing short of unoriginal but
how far can life escape
copy-paste if
six billion other people are breathing
the same way as me?

I hold in me
a cup of tea 
because everything else outside of me is
not my taste.
And I feel like I am an outline of
shadows you wish you
didn't see
when you're alone,
and the moon's gone to 
seek a better person

to shine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment