the best songs

when i can sit by a lake
with a guitar in my hand
strumming along to
a favourite song i have
never heard before
but feel like i've known it
since before i was born
like a children's lullaby

when i can touch the stars
and recite the lyrics to
a song personal to me
with someone else unfamiliar
singing along
or humming 
to his own favourite tune

and i believe nothing else matters in the world

when i can see life bursting out from
the moonlight
my only source of sight
and my breath seems ten times louder
echoing every word i emote
from my lips
and every shadow a filiform dancer
moving swiftly to 
nothing really

when i can imagine things
i don't usually dare to 
in everyday life.
i forget what routine is because
being where i am,
i am free
my feelings amplified by
the wind that carries my melody
to the other side of the lake
where nothing expects more than 
just a lone girl
living her moment

and i believe nothing else matters in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment