bedtime stories

Your papa gave me roses, sweetie,
Told me he loved me everyday,
He was everything close to a man of dreams,
[No, no, honey, he came from nightmares]

He caressed me like I was a baby,
yes, like you, honey, he caressed you tight,
Your papa kissed the heavens out of me,
[He even almost fucking ended my life]

He was a great lover, great father,
[I don't even know his first name]

We spent nights counting stars,
and listening to our heartbeats,
[Baby, I don't even know how he looks like,
And it was only one bloody night]

Baby, did you know your father was a hero?
Saved me from drowning once, he did [what lies]
You have your father's eyes, honey,
[The only thing I remember; etched on your face]

I met your daddy at a party,
He was with his group of friends,
Then, oh, the next thing I knew, I was in love,
[With a wreckage of torn clothes, no, he fucking raped me instead]

Sweetie, it's been 5 years he's passed on,
I'm afraid I don't have a picture of him, no,
[I'm sorry, baby, there's no such thing as a wedding picture,
He doesn't even know you exist;
He doesn't even know I exist.]

He had a slight temper, I guess,
But I used to laugh at his ways,
[Baby, he pounced with such malice,
I cried until I bled]

Then I had you.
[Then I had you]

Your father knew how to make me feel beautiful,
[He used words that disgusted and touch that abused]

[He slapped, and called me a whore,
Then I never saw him again.
Your father was a rapist, poor child,
I never saw him again.]

No comments:

Post a Comment