Turn-back clock

It was when I was five,
I choked on my sheets,
To go to sleep,
I fell on my knees crying,
for candy.

Now I choke on my sheets,
And fall on my knees,
Crying to sleep,
In a world unforgiving.

It was when I was ten,
I fell on my knees,
with blood on my legs,
as I tried to brake.

My bicycle went sprawling,
My mommy's present for me,
I fell on my knees,
In apology.

Turn-back clock,
Can't you see me watching?
It's what you do to me,
I can't blink away these memories.

It was when I was fifteen,
My mommy's heart I broke,
I lied and told her,
I didn't love her so.

Oblivious, I was so wicked,
I fell on knees,
In my room, alone.

You're calling insanity,
You've stopped at regret,
Please, turn-back clock,
These are my last memories?

It was when I was twenty,
I crushed the car,
With a bottle of whisky,
Bringing the fun too far,
I fell on my knees,
In pain and shock,
From the highway of speed,
I fell from the drop.

And it went on,
these painful memories,
My world touched with sin,
Leaving me hanging in despair,
What leaves me,
Is my life went wrong.

I fall on my knees,
Before the deity turn-back clock,
I fall on my knees,
My heart to a stop.

Oh, please, please, allow me to sleep,
stop watching me watch you, i'm sorry
Turn-back clock,
you've done your duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment