Daddy dearest

Daddy dearest, you taught me much,
Of birds and love and things of such,
You taught me how to stand up tall,
When I'd done wrong, I'd face the wall.

Your cuddles, I will not forget,
Your hearty laughs, tuck-me-in-bed,
You were my hero until the day,
The day I learnt of your betray.

Lipsticks, perfume, midnight calls,
Never I see you hug mama anymore,
Last I saw you, you stormed out in fury,
Papa, do you honestly still love me?

Bringing me up and breaking me down,
Now life's a story not worth to tell,
If you can no longer make me smile,
Daddy dearest, we're too far apart.

I saw you slap mama today,
Said someone better was on your way,
"I don't need your nag, you bloody pain."
Papa, your words, in my heart they'll stay.

Daddy dearest, remember the memories?
When you bought me my first chocolate candy,
No, no, papa, sorry won't cut it,
You left us. My hero's dead and wasted.

Daddy dearest, you taught me much,
Of birds and love and things of such,
But papa, you've hurt me, you've hurt me deep,
Your betray, your spilled secrets I cannot forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment