The bus trip

A comfy cake,
I munch on thoughts that slip 
in between the cracks and whirring of
smoky engines and raindrops on windows.

i see outside the small slit of closed curtains
all of life's expectations but none of mine
sadly; it was one beautiful sight.

i take time to procrastinate
those moments of which i realize
a million things in one thread of mind-topic,
a little daft, i presume I am; it takes
five years for me to capture who i really am
in the whole of my life.

i look back at the flailing roads rushing away
beneath me
and i make a judgement that perhaps
i'm not made for the past,
but for the future - now
singing along to my favourite song
clutching an mp3 and a
comfy cake
i munch on thoughts that 
wake me up

to know that
it's a one way ticket and i'm not coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment