filthy

i used to be pure
like
snow and 
cloudless days;
times when i could sleep through a fire
and knew no pain
i used to be pure from
horrors of
heartaches
i used to defeat nightmares
and conquer dreams
i knew no pain
but scars are all that are
left of me
now;
scars
scars
scars
etched on my body
heart
lifeline

i ruin myself because -.

i used to be pure
like
innocent eyes and
genuine laughter;
i was
somebody i now
cannot find
lost behind in
times when i knew no pain
and i
am now filled
with
nothing but -

i used to be pure like
fairytales
but even they have betraying
disappointing
gutting
truths behind the
happy endings; now
i have learnt and tasted
everything about
darkness
and digging my heart out
for you to stitch back
because you promised me so
was a pure mistake
listening to promises you were
bound to
break
and believing them, nonetheless;
you stitched me up
in ways for you to
reopen the wounds
that held
stale memories of
past heart breaks
whenever you
feel like it
just so you can watch me
bleed

and i bleed 
only for you

because you sweeten my life

and i bleed only for 
you
because the blood
tastes
so much
sweeter

No comments:

Post a Comment