Burying Hell

when we pour ourselves into each other
clutching and
scratching upon every surface trying to leave a mark
so as to not forget
how irresistible it is
and the after 'I Love You's that
wrap everything up into
a perfect memory
of moments where you could cling to me
and never let go if
you had a choice

we are trying so hard to
be part of one another
in every way
emotional and physical
that every slit that divides us
hurts

we fight so hard to be where we are
and it all seems worth all the 
tears and
heartburns

when you lay your hands on my body
and trace the lines on my face in a continuous
shape of a heart
you are saying the words
you don't know how to utter
and i swear, i understand

it is like when i
cut up my heart like
your piece of cake
for you 
for you
i do it all for you
and the smile on your face when you
realize

is so beautiful.

1 comment: