subconsciousbreaths

you fit me into every category synonymous to
perfection
though i sometimes don't feel that way like

the way i sometimes feel you deserve more the way you look at me differently 
to how i scoff at myself the way i have done things that makes me sick and 
makes you fake a smile but i know you 

hurt.

i don't want to believe in sunsets anymore
because they just loom over you until
you are gulped down by the dark and
dragged through shards of
solitary thoughts

i don't know why i do this to myself
but you tell me not to because
i am everything you want

you force me not to worry 
for you have promised me the strings of
your pulpating heart which you
slipped upon my palm when i was
never watching

the way you whisper in my ear and i forget tomorrows the way you shower me 
with kisses that hold many forevers the way you shudder me with a trace of 
your fingertip on my hip

but i fret not over reasons you see
but the fretting merely 
emerges when i 
figure out moments when you
look at me like i am
Venus

when i feel as ugly as
the gargoyles of Notredame.

No comments:

Post a Comment