dancing in circles

I love running to him drenched with rain
grinning at his
disapproving look,
ignoring his remarks that I will 
one day die from fever;
I just say "You're boring." and
push a piece of chocolate
into his mouth as I kiss him.

He makes a face and
tells me he doesn't
like chocolates so I say I am 
teaching him to be sweet
and the best place to start was 
with his words; he didn't
take the hint but takes off his shirt
for me to wear;
"Keep yourself warm." he shrugged, as if that was
the best he could come up with.

I would rather he hug me, but 
I guess I always ask for too much.

He looks in me 
for I am silent a minute too long
and whispers painfully
"I can't be like you."

I block out the negativity and reply that 
it doesn't hurt to try
but he repeats over and over
"It does."

because it's hard - so I walk away
disconnected 
and had no chance to look back at how he now 

spends his nights under the rain
sucking on chocolate bars because one day 
I died from fever and 

his words tastes fucking bitter to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment