your box

This is another box
of memories I trip upon
swept under the rugs
with a neatly folded T-shirt 
you once wore
ten times a week
with a neatly folded T-shirt
I once clutched to
every night I sleep

Then I had put it away when
you first stepped on my heart
and balanced your toe on it

with pages and chapters of
our moments together
I touch upon, also, to
movie tickets and
photographs
it is not only pain
nor only happiness I feel 
being under the lid
it is more like
a closure of my thoughts
because I still do not know
what to feel
when I think of you

There are days when I still 
laugh and cry
at all the wrong moments
and all the wrong places

With the box on my lap and
us inside me
I am packing my bags to
runaway 
yet I'm bringing the box with me
wherever I go
like a part of you
like a part of me

Because I live in your box of
memories now
and it might
one day
help me come back home
to where I belong
when I can feel the electricity
when you hold my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment