i write because it hurts

moments we had
kissing under streetlights and
drawing hearts on 
each other's faces
until we led ourselves 
into furious passion
that crumpled sheets and
had you clutching me
against your body
until it hurt so deeply 
yet I still found the breath
to gasp "I love you"

because I do

nights of fearing
and reassuring you 
i am only yours
and you are only mine
singing songs that reminded me of
you
and writing poems to
push away hurtful things
you say
over and over
i say i believe you when
you tell me you love me

because i do

yet after it all
i can't believe
i have to once again
put in place
uneven heartbeats
because you decided to forget
me and my words
decided to make yourself
not understand 
that I still say
"I love you"

because i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment