71

i've been pouring hot water onto my fingertips 
for exactly 71 days
sniffing clothes biting tongues chewing nails slamming doors tearing letters eating junk
it's become a habit to rot away per day
when my mind slip in
to thoughts of you

you think of me, too; i can tell
by the way you
beg me to do things to please you
to keep my promises
to smile right
to talk right
to eat right
to sleep right
to live right
to kiss right
to treat you right
only to wonder if I love you when I fulfill all your demands
while you break rules
that I never even made;
the same mistakes
- shouldn't I be the one asking?

you give me a hundred excuses to leave 
while I give you none, but somehow you're always the first to
walk out
with each step I take towards you

you'd smoothen every line on my face and kiss my 
roughed up fingertips
without asking why
without knowing why
oblivious to how much i dream of you
71 consecutive nights

for you're always the one saying you see me in dreams.

it is like you still portray me as
something you can't touch because
of the way you
fantasize on just how willing i am to
carve my heart out for you

and you get annoyed when the best I can give is
a drawing of my heart; because you forget the inconveniences 
on my side;
simple facts like how
giving my heart to you
just because i have to prove myself
once more

would take my life away - and it's not worth it because I'll soon have you

begging me not to leave
for dying somehow becomes my fault because you're so self-indulged you 
failed to see my heart in your hands as a wish of your own

but as a doing of my own
asking me 'don't you love me anymore?'

for the 71th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment