ode to the sleepless


i hit solid wall and
drift backwards.

the valley of emotions unravel, 
like loose string
caught on the crook of 
hope
fleeting pass

my skin is too tight for my mind
so i strip down to an inner orifice.

i run nowhere,
hitting blanks and
i undress the fabric
of my inner self
until i am all around me.

i felt unfamiliar,
dwelled too long
in the cracks my shadows
carved into walls.

i travelled sleepless nights
to a land i cannot live in,
so i stumbled along my footsteps
tracing the lines i drew and
never coloured in.

then there was a strange light,
trapped in the blinds of my eyelashes
drying from the storm,
and i found rainbows
in the shape of you.

i learnt to hit a wall,
only to fall backwards
into your entire being
and live in you.

i found in the depths of your body
the traces of me 
i absent-mindedly drew,
and ran to your mind until i
found the hues i long abandoned
from myself.

[i shine.
i shiver.
i soar.]

No comments:

Post a Comment