stark reality

the beauty has crumbled
like dead petals
on the rough of my path
memories of serenity now
washed away
with turmoil and
miscontrued desires.

i believed there was never a loss
in losing a love once
so beautiful
because with it
comes a million memories
created
from the tip of our fingers
to pave the ease for
separation

i could see you
beyond the stars
a pale dejavu
of what was once -
and i learn to smile
but now i weep

as all i now see
is a storm ahead
and grey hues on the canvas of my sky.

i believed what we had
was real
but you were never
reading from the same page

and we were writing similar stories
from different chapters

what i was to you
will never be as pure
as what you were to me

what keeps me going
without you
you will never understand

because you are not.

as you mask your reality
with downturned thoughts
you drew me a confidence
that you took away
from yourself
like the stars you stole from my night

and there is now
nobody to blame
except yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment