latches

but there are never perfections
no matter how hard we try to
rewrite our mistakes
so i remind myself
that there is no harm
in braving the frontier
and walking through a wasteland
to find a way
to fix the past
and build a present

i want to give you the tattoo
on my fingers
that spell S A O R
- Irish for free -
because i carved for you
a new path
and you still have
much more freedom
than me
and you deserve the medal
inscripted on my skin

i am still caught in between lines
and stuffed into boxes with no openings
still
trying to figure
if honesty is really worth
tasting so fucking bitter on the tip of my tongue

i wasted a great deal of
breath
when i let go of something
i planned a world for
and for a second it feels like
i died in the moment
because i let go of something
i was living for

but there is never a permanence
and i am still here
in the inbetween
reminding myself
that i let go of one world
to latch onto another

i want to give you the smile
you gave me
and remind myself
that love is not always meant to last
but i can still find it beautiful

it is not always perfect
because it is when everything
falls apart
when you find that missing piece
you've been looking for
beneath the broken concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment