morph

i have always had tendencies
to stare at a blank wall
and urge the patterns to form
until i am surrounding myself
in imagination

because reality sometimes
can be too bland and
too wretched
for a soul like mine to handle

i have always had tendencies
to look at life
under a stone
where the moss is plenty and
darkness is thick

because i have let too many
beautiful things
disintergrate

i have always had tendencies
to paint a million expressions
to cover my face

because behind the mask
is a sight not worth noticing

i have always had tendencies
to reach for the sky
and claim the clouds mine

because i am in denial
that the sky will one day
claim me

i feel my way towards
a misty light
where absolution
is non-existent
hoping that when i will
miss a step and
tumble past gravity
i will keep on falling
until i come out
on the other side of the universe
and you will be there
to give me back the balance i lost
when i was lost
on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment