rainbows

i will never make up
for the many moonshines i left you
alone
waiting for me to learn to love
as i rummaged through blind nights
trying to find my way back
to a heart stashed
cold and unbeating.

i saw the brightest shine
as the skies lit up
the day i learnt to let you in
when you knocked at the entrance
of a sore, unnerved heart
whispering of a secret emotion
i always had
buried under the layers of my
insecurity and self-mutilation

and every time you pull me
back to your side
when you notice my mind
is a million stars away
i embrace the beating beneath
my chest
because the smile on your lips
is magic.

i will never make up
for the many moonshines i left us
alone
but i will try my greatest
to create a breath of
fresh air
every new day the sun shines for us
as we stand together
hand-in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment