rehabilitation

1.
i never lived with walls
for i never believed in
harm nor knew things that could
break them down

until i met you

fear would slip out of my fingertips
unable to stick with someone
like me
for i had no business with fright until
the first sharp pain i felt in my gut and
that sticky burn in my throat
that tasted like rust
the day you first
choked up my veins with words that killed me
and did things that blinded others but
revealed ugliness to me.


2.
'a year ago
i would never have imagined you like this'
they say

and i agree
because 275 days ago
i was life in a candle-flame
on a calm night
swaying and
unshaken

i am still life in a candle-flame
now
but i have tasted the risk of
being blown out.


3.
i never lived with walls but
now i live with 275 of them;
it isn't just a fucking ugly coincidence
that it was a saturday, a 17th
two days ago.


4.
i have lived the past few billion hours
trying to manoeuvre the right way
wondering why smoke leave no shadows
wondering why sleep is such
a difficult concept
wondering if anything can make it better
things do make it better
until the next dip
and i cannot cling onto the changes


5.
they told me to let it go
that i am strong
and i tell myself to
fucking forget all of it, already
but i am not strong enough.

it's been long established that
it is easier said than done

because it has finally revealed to me
that despite how hard i have tried
building walls and
distracting myself
there are still things like
one text message on the top floor of McDonald's and
seeing a friend of his outside Starbucks
giving me dirty looks
that affect me
and puncture me with bulletholes of feelings that i thought
i would never feel again


6.
it is a disappointing stab in the stomach
when you have spent the past few months
trying to forget his number
and the pain the torture
gulp down the lies
the accusations
and one memory decides to revisit
any point of any day
and everything comes gushing back at you
crushing down your walls and
drowning any speck of happiness you
managed to recollect
can'tforget.can'tforget.iwanttoforget.letmeforget.
the 017s and
254s and
fucking 1842s.

and i want to kill my mind because
it is killing me.


7.
no, i don't fucking love him anymore
it is his inflictions that i live with daily
i do not miss them
i want them to go
to go
go
leave me
alone.


i had managed to stop myself crying
unable to digest that
the last time i cried was because of
him.

it isn't a fucking ugly coincidence that it was
a saturday, a 17th
two days ago
and i cried again
because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment