34 flashes of light

i am scalding my skin to find what
else is beneath it,
curling up on loose hair on the floor, watching
smoke escape my fingertips like dirty
secrets, dirty emotions
i try to hide under piles
and piles of transparent sheets

i still see right through me.

there are a number of things that still
flash under my mind like
the smile i fake when i fake i am
happy i am a pathological liar because
i feel real being somebody with
colossal stories, i am my own coloured
canvas that hurts my eyes because deep down i
see nothing but a monochrome dead-end.
i have succeeded in trying not to
cry, because my eyes now hurt
when i feel the prickles i spit out
i am dead deceased in my own world
where things no longer
exist like poolside memories
and love love is dead
love is
dead love
is dead.

i feel revived when i feel cold. cold like
english wind slapping you in the face.

the lights are burning out and i smell my
own sin i can see myself better in the
dark, because i am parallel to torn sheets of paper
and ripped emotions and
a pitfall.

one thing i hate about depression is
you can't pretend it's not there
because you can so obviously feel
it poisoning smiles and killing
sparkles of dreams that once mattered.

i still can't sleep what
do I make of me now?

1 comment: