I once drew god a lullaby

The temptation drips down like
chocolate syrup on the slant of my lips
as I breath in uncanny
sounds, hot and heavy.

From the corner of my eye I see
him lying beside me and
he's smiling
waiting, he
makes it sweet, death,
he makes me smile
for it's been a while since
I last saw him
I feel real with him

with nothing, like before but
this time it's closer.

The day is quite painstakingly
bright
but it doesn't matter for
people don't fall in the dark
only by night.

My fingers are a shocking
cold, no longer parallel to warm
steady throbs I toy with
wedged between broken veins and scars beneath
my skin and
the sky is burning but I no longer
react.

The tempation drips down as
I lick my lips and taste
rust, and I'm falling into
my favourite dreams.

From the corner of my eye he
holds my hand, and the cold
from his fingertips
soothes, because death always
feels good at the palm of
your own hand.

It'll feel better soon,
when the throbbing stops
and pulse gives in to silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment