Release

there is a time and place for
everything, they tell us,
because the situations we create
do not always end the way we
expect, and they will
forever be changing;
forever rearranging,
for we live in a world full of
snap-of-my-finger moments
and minds we cannot read.

because in this world,
a constant is hard to find.

yet as i lie here,
in a bed full of
comforting warmth and
sheets that smell
of us,
holding you in my arms
as we try to
squeeze the pain away,
i tell myself with a smile that
i can be this way, doing exactly
what we do,
every millisecond of every day,
because there is no need for
a time and place
to feel my heart
try to beat stronger
for the both of us.

because in our world,
you are my constant.

there is a time and place,
they say,
for certain emotions to let loose,
but i find myself
unmasking and baring all of me
to you,
and i am not afraid
of being afraid around you
because i know you see right through
the flaws, finding the constant
of strength
i try to hold onto
for you.

there is a time and place for
everything, they tell us,
but there is no need for
time nor place
in my horizons of you,
because you are my home
and i find
everlasting, neverending, overwhelming, timeless joy
spinning me towards beautiful eternity
when i shut the windows,
turn off the lights,
close my eyes,


and live in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment