A butterfly's kiss

there are intangible things that explode
with our emotions,
like the shudder of a heartbeat
skipping to the electric of our touch,
as we strip our thoughts
and lay them onto the bare night sky.

you remind me of the euphoria
we can reach without
going through the extents of
searching for it,
because happiness
will always fall into our arms
when we least expect it to.

as my mind rose and fell in the dark,
you plucked in me a chord of
collision
and shone through me
like a thousand whispering stars,
hidden behind the coat of a storm
that will now never approach my feet.

i was so sure i was centered
until the graze of your glance.

you are the wrong turn i took
on my mapped out journey,
yet somehow,
i am here, in all the right places,
facing all the right directions,
exactly where i've always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment