the other list

I will laugh wholeheartedly
at funny moments that pass me by
to share them with you a little later
so you can
laugh, too.

I will try not to
be a grump
or get angry too often over
the littlest things because
i don't want your comfort to seem
too far away
and i don't want to hurt.

i will learn to drive
and get a license
so one day i can
come home
and drive Sally Bum legally.

I will eat cheese croissants
in the South of France and
think of you
and roti cheese
and every word we have said and meant.

I will smoke different types of
cigarettes
and miss our Winston Lights
and those you'd save up for me
and miss you.

I will fall asleep with your shirt
knowing you are here
and breathe you in when i'm sad
and breathe you in when i'm happy
because the distance will never
stretch us apart

I will wake from nightmares
and try not to cry
because I need to be strong now
without you here to
wipe my tears away.

And I will never forget to go back
to the core of my heart
because there is a precious place there
where I will find
you
and our memories
to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment