Distances

i miss the way you bite in your sleep

i miss the way you chew your food

i miss how we would bump into each other in the dark

i miss the way you twist around my body like i am the playground and you are the child

i miss the way i clutch onto the strands of your hair when i sleep on your chest like i am hanging on for dear life

i miss how your laugh is a little loose around the edges when you've had some to drink

i miss the way you kiss my fingers, each and every.

i miss how you would put on a soothing song to send me to sleep though you had to stay up working and bear the toxicating notes of the music

i miss how you always wear your shoes inside the car

i miss it when my laughs turn to hiccups every time you hide your face under anything in reach when you are embarassed

i miss the way you bite my nose

i miss the way you smell

i miss the bubble-pop sound you make with your lips when you're trying to make me giggle - never once failing

i miss the way you'd sometimes not see when i am crying but always know when something is wrong and somehow manage to wipe my tears before they fall

i miss our clumsiness and your forgetfulness, and the surprise you spring on me when you miraculously remember things about me and about us in such fine detail

i miss how you get lazy after scratching my back for a while

i miss the way you come up with little jingles and change song lyrics

i miss the way you love putting your hand under my armpit and i try to stop you

i miss how you never know what you want to eat

i miss how your lips taste like reality, and how that fact sends me reeling when we kiss

i miss the way you would lodge into stories and carry on from one to another, and how i would never, ever get bored of listening

i miss the way you will randomly jerk and shudder when your car window is down and the wind makes your hair tingle on your skin

i miss how you'd try to fit in my clothes or use them as accessories, and the laughter that pursued

i miss wearing your clothes, your boxers, your 'I Am 75% single' shirt

i miss getting annoyed at you and then feeling hopeless when you give me the puppy dog look when you are obviously clueless to what i was annoyed about

i miss forgetting why i got mad at you in the first place

i miss how you make me feel like i have no problems around me when i am with you

i miss arguing over certain contradictory points

i miss the way you'd keep apologising though it is not your fault

i miss teasing you and your attempt to sound smarter just to cover up

i miss how you'd get certain words wrong and stumble over your lines

i miss how you stop me from whining and help me fix my problems

i miss your strength and patience

i miss how you always need to double check the lock on the car

i miss your thousand facial expressions

i miss the way you sulk in the car and twist towards the window just to make me laugh

i miss tying your hair up in different styles and how you are sensitive to when i pull too hard and wince

i miss our movie plots and imaginative stories

i miss your complaints about how you'd make a better prime minister

i miss the way you'd exclaim in shock at your growing stomach

i miss you losing your keys

i miss being there when you get upset

i miss lying on top of you as we talk and listen to music and watch movies in your room

i miss Lost with you, and how i'd feel insulted when you fall asleep watching movies i show you but forget about it after a while

i miss how you'd save me cigarettes and how i'd scold you when you smoke too much

i miss your wide, face-stretching smiles and how they make me love you more

i miss how you remind me i am beautiful when i feel i am not

i miss the way you'd tickle me then panic when i return the favor to you

i miss your comfort

i miss the way i feel safe with you

i miss your breath on my neck and ear

i miss the way i'd scream when there is a cockroach and you'd immediately be there to end my fear

i miss how you are scared of heights

i miss how you'd imitate a million voices and Liyana Jasmay's smoking ad on X.FM

i miss how your skin feels softer on your back than your chest

i miss the way your hair will tickle my nose

i miss the way i'd touch the curve of your smile and you'd smile even wider

i miss the shine in your eyes

i miss your obsession with bread and Planta and strawberry jam

i miss how you'd go "Oh my god, I'm still hungry" after your meal and bury your face in my lap

i miss the way you tell me i will be a good mom because of the way i scold you

i miss us headbanging in the car together

i miss your brown three-quarter pants and how i would tell you to stop wearing it

i miss listening to your voice when you tell me you love me

i miss your love and how time stops when i am with you

i miss saying 'I miss you' knowing i would be seeing you in the next few hours

i miss you and your everything



i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment