alone with the sunrise

the sun swelled over the naked branches this morning,
washing over the blue with a striking orange,
and i thought of you.

i thought of you 
and felt like the callous nature of the wind
carelessly sweeping leaves off the ground and
hurling them back to gravity’s hold,
i thought of you 
and pictured the dance of a bird whose wings may forget to
learn my lifts and drops as it tries to fly endlessly.

i felt the universe graze my cheek
and the branches waved forlornly at me,
so i used my strongest will to 
routinely transfer all i feel 
but most importantly all my will out to the atmosphere
i thought of you,
hoping those energies seep in through the window
to land on the curve of your sleep and settle on your soul
letting it grow like a tree that will age magnificently.

i remember the park,
with sun like this
burning its mark on your skin
as you couldn’t take your eyes off me,
i wonder if the note we left buried under the tree 
is now part of the earth and air
and i wonder if one day,
this will make sense,
and we will find our way to being

balanced like everything between earth and air.

No comments:

Post a Comment