pain

the moths are fluttering in the pits of my body
and i try to decipher the flap of every
crushed, grey wing
but i comprehend nothing of this
empty
bland emotion.

i see the pain in her eyes
reflecting mine
for i am unable to make her heal
and i feel insignificant in a life
too full to hold
an overflow like me.

the time is ticking
and i can sense an overwhelming air of
an end i try to run from but-
i try to run but i cannot seem
to set myself free.

the cold water fills my lungs
i try to drown away all i feel
and all of me
but i gasp for breath
because i am not meant to leave this way.

i am full of regrets
and hold in my hands
a clench i never let loose
because i am a burden stuffed sore
written halfway and crumpled
into piles of torn paragraphs of an
incomplete tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment